• A 34-week Bible study
• Equally emphasis on the Old Testament and the New Testament.
• The content of the sessions follow the chronological movement of the biblical story,
• Groups meet each week for 2 to 2.5 hours.
• Participants become committed to living disciples as they examine the 34 marks of Discipleship.
• BECMING DISCIPLE THROUGH BIBLE STUDY is the foundation for the other three DISCIPLE Bible Studies.
• A 32-week in-depth study of Genesis, Exodus, Luke and Acts.
• This study builds on the biblical knowledge gained from DISCIPLE I and deepens it by probing selected portions of Scripture.
• Two emphases: “Sabbath”and “Ministry in the world”
• Basic resource library contains commentaries an books, an atlas and a Bible dictionary to help participants gain a deeper understanding of the text.
• 32-week in-depth study of the Prophets and the Letters of Paul.
• Focuses on the connection between memory and identity as the people of God.
• Its themes are the call to remember; the call to repentance, the need for renewed vision; and the places of community.
• Each week, Marks of Obedient Community echoes the demand of the prophets and Paul to put God first.
• The Context Portfolio contains timelines, maps and charts integral to the study.
• A 32-week in depth study of the Old Testament Writing, the Gospel of John, the Epistles of John, James, Jude, and Reveliation.
• The programme presents the sense of living toward completion –toward the climax of the message and promise, extravagantly pictures in the Revelation.
• Two weekly elements include:
– a psalm of the week – to lead people into a deeper life of prayer,
– a radical disciple emphasis – to stretch people in their commitment and challenge them in their discipleship.