Name: Hinghwa Methodist Church 卫理公会天道堂
Language: English, Hinghwa, Mandarin
Address: 93 Kitchener Road Singapore
Hinghwa Methodist Church was founded in 1911. The church was begun by Rev Dr W. N. Brewster a missionary working in the Fujian Province of China.
The church purchased her first property, a shop-house in Sam Leong Road in 1933. Subsequently, in 1941, she bought the present site at Kitchener Road. In April 1986, the present 4-storey building was completed and was dedicated on 27th Nov 1986.
The church started off with a Hinghwa-speaking congregation. Later on, the Mandarin-speaking as well as the English-speaking congregations were added.
Hinghwa Methodist Church is conveniently located within the Lavender community at 93, Kitchener Road, Singapore 208510. The church seeks to fulfill her God-given vision of being a lighthouse for Christ and is very actively reaching out to her neighbourhood.